Interview With Jerry Gonzalez From VvCompHelpvV


 Today I have the great honor of interviewing Jerry from VvCompHelpvV. Don't know who he is? Basically he is making it big on the internet delivering quality tech videos that get thousands of a views a piece. He also currently boasts 34,000 plus subscribers on his channel which is awesome. Check out his YouTube channel here; VvCompHelpvV.

This is the first interview ever Guide Goods and I think it came out pretty good. Please don't forget to leave your views on it in the comments below.

So without further ado, lets begin:


Me: Would you please tell us a little something about yourself?

Jerry: Sure. First off i want to thank your for giving me the opportunity to be interviewed. It's a huge honor.

Well, my name is Jerry Gonzalez, I am 18 years old and have been running a tech channel on YouTube since I was 15. On YouTube I make all sorts of videos on the general topic of tech. I used to focus more on tutorials, but currently I have been trying to mix my videos up a bit by throwing in unboxing and review videos. I was one of the first teen tutorialist's to hit the tubes, and because of this I have grown pretty big. I currently have 34,400 subscribers and growing everyday. Well, that's me in a nutshell. 8)

What made you want to start a YouTube account?

Jerry: Well, here's my life story. XD

(the initial reason)

You know what? It's kind of funny. When my parents bought me a laptop, all I wanted to do was explore the Internet. I heard about this awesome site called YouTube.com and got curious about it (this was back in 2005). I tried to make an account multiple times but kept getting errors. I wanted to learn the whole uploading videos bit of the net. My family would make random skit videos when we had gatherings so I thought it'd be cool to upload some of our stuff. Well, a year passed and i tried making an account again in 2006 and voilà! The account was successfully created (my mvpdude808 account). My brother, cousins and I began making crazy weird videos for the fun of it, but the more and more time I a spent editing the videos and surfing the net, I realized how much I liked computers in general.

(birth of my VvCompHelpvV channel)

I then began learning about well....computers! In a short time I learned a ton, then began making simple tutorials on my mvpdude808 channel. Some guy saw potential in my videos and asked if I wanted to create a channel with him focusing on tutorials. I thought it was a good idea and agreed. So that's basically how it all happened. 8)

Have you always loved technology?


Jerry: You know, I have always been interested in technology, but never realized it until I got on a computer at school. That was a reason why I was psyched to get a laptop!

How do you come up with ideas for your tutorials?

Jerry: I get this question a lot. Basically I'll think "alright, what's something i know that I'd want to learn if I were a newbie or even an experienced computer user?" Or even if I learn something and get the huge urge to share it with the world because it's so great, I'll make a video. Sometimes people request tuts so much that I feel the need to stop the questions, so I make the tut. Video ideas just pile in my mind.

Do you see yourself working with technology ten years from now?

Jerry: I see myself sitting at a Pixar Studio cubicle/desk working on an awesome film in 10 years. 8) I am really into animation. Specifically 3D animation. A job at Pixar is my dream.

Do you have any advice on becoming popular on YouTube?

Jerry: My advice? Well...first off stay true to who you are, and why you make videos. If it's your hobby, keep your videos fun. Whatever you do, have fun while doing it.

I find it too often that people come to me wanting to make videos just so they can become partner and get paid. I can tell you right now, if your mind set is on money, it will be hard for you to succeed since your not doing it for the joy of the experience.

Make friends. Talk to other YouTuber's. Get close to people online (of course stay safe and don't give out personal info), collaborate and have fun. Making friends is probably the most important thing to become successful.

Ask for criticism so you can build on top of your videos. Don't take any negative comments personal. Take negative comments constructively. There will always be cyber bullies. Don't let them bother you. There is a convenient block button for your convenience.


Those are the basic pieces of advice i can give. 8)

Again, thanks so much for giving me the opportunity to be interviewed, I know I talk a lot, but i hope my long answers weren't so long that they were a drag to read.

 ----------

Well that is it.  I was really excited when he said yes to an interview so I would like to take this moment and thank him. I hope you learned quite a lot in this interview and do not forget to look out for more.

Well like always thanks for reading.




Share This Article!



Get all our new articles sent straight to your email! Its FREE!
Subscribe via Email

Edwin

Edwin is a blogger, tech enthusiast and proud owner of this blog, Guide Goods. He writes cool computer tips for you to read.
To get notified every time he writes anything new you can subscribe for free by either Email or RSS .

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Meet The Author

Edwin

Edwin is a blogger who loves technology. He likes to give awesome computer tips on his blog... read more »

RSS Feed Twitter Facebook Google

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger
Back to top