How To Make A Blogger Blog Look Just Like Wordpress



This post was made because of my Suggest A Tutorial post. 



Ileane asks:
I'd like to know how you got that nice header on this Blogger blog and where you got your social icons from? Your Blogger looks like a WordPress blog...

 Actually my website didn't always look this grand. Since I began in August of last year I stuck to one template. Every time I asked for constructive criticism my design was something being critiqued. I knew I had to have a change. I went out on the look and found many great contenders, switched to them for a while but was feeling you can say "homesick" of my last template so I eventually switched back to it again and again and again.


So to make a long story short I found a great template and haven't gone back since.



 That short story introduces my first point:

Theme: In my opinion my theme is fresh looking, modern, colorful. It does it's job. One common mistake new Blogger users make is using a default theme.  I hate them. They're bland. They're boring. They're crap.  Get a new one from one of these websites: BTemplates, Blogger-Templates, Instant Shift or you can Google it here for even more template options.


Comment System: Another thing I dislike about BlogSpot is their comment system. In my opinion it discourages comments. It is literally an obstacle to trying to get a comment out there with the default. Do not make this mistake change to another comment system. I did-you can too. Try these other ones: Disqus, IntenseDebate, JS-Kit.


Logo: Try to get yourself a nice looking logo. This is your brand, how people recognize your site. I made mine with PhotoShop but GIMP works just as well and is completely free. I made the logo below with Photoshop.

This is pretty important- so important that I am going to Google it for you here and here


Social Icons: Social Icons allow users to connect with you. These are also very vital to building a great relationship with your readers. There are a bunch of social icons on the web so it is your job to sort it down to the best you like. You can download a few here, here and here.

So you see it is really very easy to customize your Blogger website. You do not have to limit yourself to how the other BlogSpot websites looks. Be unique and different.

Group Discussion

I just listed the top ways in my opinion to make your site look more like a WordPress one. Do you have any other recommendations or tips? Tell us in the comments below, I would love to know.

Image Credit


Share This Article!



Get all our new articles sent straight to your email! Its FREE!
Subscribe via Email

Edwin

Edwin is a blogger, tech enthusiast and proud owner of this blog, Guide Goods. He writes cool computer tips for you to read.
To get notified every time he writes anything new you can subscribe for free by either Email or RSS .

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Meet The Author

Edwin

Edwin is a blogger who loves technology. He likes to give awesome computer tips on his blog... read more »

RSS Feed Twitter Facebook Google

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger
Back to top