Annoy Your Customers Enough To Make Them Buy


 About a year ago there was this really annoying commercial advertising a product called HeadOn. Its suppose to be something you use to take away headaches but I think it just gave me one.

The commercial basically repeated the same garbage over and over again.

"HeadOn apply directly to the forehead, HeadOn apply directly to the forehead, HeadOn apply directly to the forehead."


You catch the drift, its annoying. A few weeks later the same commercial appeared again. It had the same elements of the others but towards the end there was a twist.


Some people came up on the screen and mimicked "HeadOn apply directly to the forehead" but then at the end they said "I hate the commercial but I love the product. " I was dumbfounded. People actually bought this bull.

 I did some research and it was a hit on the web. People were making parodies of it on YouTube and even a magazine was teaching people how to make ring tones on it.



No way has the world come to an end. Was this really all that special. Maybe being a nuisance can make the inter webs go crazy.

I guess we should take the time and learn from this. Advertisers know us better than we know ourselves.  Reverse psychology can be a pain, use it to your benefit.

Comment!We'd love to hear what you think!


Share This Article!



Get all our new articles sent straight to your email! Its FREE!
Subscribe via Email

Edwin

Edwin is a blogger, tech enthusiast and proud owner of this blog, Guide Goods. He writes cool computer tips for you to read.
To get notified every time he writes anything new you can subscribe for free by either Email or RSS .

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Meet The Author

Edwin

Edwin is a blogger who loves technology. He likes to give awesome computer tips on his blog... read more »

RSS Feed Twitter Facebook Google

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger
Back to top