Stop Firefox From Leaking Memory And Leaving A Mess


This post was unintentional but I felt it must be done. After several days of Firefox constantly crashing on itself I got mad.   So I did some research. It turns out that there is a memory leak problem which basically means Firefox uses too much memory causing it too crash. Luckily I found a simple fix that would take you no more than thirty seconds to complete.

1.Start up Mozilla Firefox if you haven't already.





2.In a blank tab type " 
 


about:config





  ".  A warning should appear just click on " I'll be careful I promise ". 


A page somewhat like the one above should appear.

3.Right Click Anywhere-New-Boolean. Name it  
  
"
config.trim_on_minimize
"


 Set it to true.


4. Restart Firefox.
With that added tweak Firefox should stop leaking memory and you can resume browsing with no fear of crashing.

Comment!We'd love to hear what you think!




Share This Article!



Get all our new articles sent straight to your email! Its FREE!
Subscribe via Email

Edwin

Edwin is a blogger, tech enthusiast and proud owner of this blog, Guide Goods. He writes cool computer tips for you to read.
To get notified every time he writes anything new you can subscribe for free by either Email or RSS .

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Meet The Author

Edwin

Edwin is a blogger who loves technology. He likes to give awesome computer tips on his blog... read more »

RSS Feed Twitter Facebook Google

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger
Back to top